- Earn a high school diploma or equivalent: Computer repair technicians must have a high school diploma or equivalent education. Some high schools offer classes in computer repair or technology.
- Complete additional education: Some computer repair technicians begin their careers with a high school diploma, but many roles prefer or require an associate or bachelor’s degree.
- Develop technical skills: Courses in physics, math and engineering can also help aspiring computer technicians develop their skills.
- Gain professional experience: Working in IT departments and repair centers can help you gain experience.
- Explore certification options: One way to validate your skills to a potential employer is to earn a computer or help desk support certification.
- Apply for roles: Once you have completed the above steps, you can start applying for roles as a computer repair technician.
Also see my other blog post: How to become a Computer Repair Technician