Here is a basic step-by-step guide to removing a virus from a computer:
- Disconnect the computer from the internet to prevent more data from being sent to a malware server or the malware from spreading further.
- Reboot the computer into safe mode to prevent malware from loading automatically.
- Look through downloads and temporary files.
- Delete temporary files.
- Download a virus/malware scanner.
- Run a virus/malware scan.
- Reinstall the software or damaged files.
Please comment with your thoughts on this post – too basic?
I will be delving into how to remove specific types of viruses in future posts. 🙂